Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We just finished recording and mixing our album!!

Yesterday we put the finishing touches to the album, it's very exciting! Here's a picture of the lonely corner in which we recorded the whole thing (it's my bedroom!):

























The album's called 'Owl + Owl' and it's 13 tracks long. It has the four tracks from our EP 'You + Me + My Amplifier' slightly reworked, plus a heap of new songs. Here's the track listing we're looking at doing at the moment:

1. Hello!
2. I Wish I Could Keep You
3. Eliot
4. Hopeful and Hopeless
5. Owl + Owl
6. Tips For Domestic Bliss
7. I'm Not Scared
8. Tiny Gaps
9. Kaleidoscope
10. You + Me + My Amplifier
11. I am a Camera
12. This House Can Fit Us All
13. Goodbye!

Now we're starting the process of getting together the artwork and some label support, which is all looking very positive :)

It was a bit of a nightmare getting all the recordings together because we used four different recording programs. We started using Pro Tools but then it died on us so we started using Ableton live but we weren't happy with it so we started using Garage Band but it was so limited and so we started using Logic 8. So in the end we had songs in aaaaaaall those different programs, oh dear! But we figured it out in the end!

We should have everything done in the next month :)












No comments: