Friday, July 25, 2008

Le blogs

So like Mark just said in the last post lots of blogs have been writing about us, which is all a bit exciting. Reading what people have to say about our music has been (mostly) really nice, if not only a little bit self-indulgent. However, unfortunately for me and my lack of fluency in languages other than English, Dutch (mark says: what a bragging-guy) and like 8 words of Spanish, it's been down-right tricky to find out what people who dont blog in English are saying.

In my hour of need, I turned to trusty babel fish translator. It turned this into this:

Ben yes A music which is played with a finger on the moog who sings himself without course of song and which requires 2 euros d' investment and 2 people that made of the good L' album of Little Pictures has just left to Lil' Chief a small happiness

So yeah. Make of that what you will. My favourite bit is "the good L'album"

If anyone reading this is a nifty translator of French or Spanish all input would be welcome!

Anyway, bed now, I am Le tiiiired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the Spanish. It's all one breathless comma-spliced sentence, so I'm not a hundred percent that I got it all right:
Mark and Johanna, two New Zealanders, form the duo Little Pictures, devoted more than anything to making electro pop, like the sober electro pop that I normally consume it comes accompanied with light voices, their first single "This House Can Fit Us All" reminded me momentarily of the sound of Postal Service, although that impression is only momentary as on hearing the other tracks the sound comes back to its own, and as I said the first single has a lot of potential, it lasts a precise time, starting at the first listening, it is simple and it becomes addictive, and for the little I can hear in their MySpace "owl + owl", which is how they called their debut album, works more than well, not to mention the video, which is very well made and funny/sweet (at least to me).

p.s. enjoy your comment.

Anonymous said...

Two comments even! I also saw your video on C4, which was very cool. And a little surreal.